F H.1 year ago 5 Star Highly RecommendsWould recommend pre-engagement coaching to everyone!Bob was very approachable and helpful. He gave us very helpful and constructive strategies for dealing with any problems that may come up, and some really good advice too! Now we can go to our marriage knowing we're beginning with a solid foundation! Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterCoaching is very helpful for all couples at any stage to improve their skills. Pre-Engagement is especially helpful because couples are very open to learning new skills. You also get invaluable information for assessing your important decision and becoming confident for a lasting satisfying future. You have what it takes and your commitment will help you cross the inevitable difficult valleys every marriage experiences and grow a GREAT Marriage that can be an example for others... WELL DONE! Best in the future... Bob
H S.2 years ago5 StarHard work, but worth itBob and Diane provided us with fundamental tools and strategies to work through our issues. Most importantly they did not choose sides and were very neutral; teaching us each how we were each contributing and what to do differently. Though there were times we talked with them, we were consistently redirected to talk with each other. They were both very insightful, catching us doing things in our discussions we didn't even realize we were doing. This was a hard but VERY meaningful and helpful experience. We now have a lifetime of tools in our arsenal to get us through tough times. .... Thank You.
Bob R.3 years ago 5 StarThe MOST Effective Marriage CoachesThey teach the MOST EFFECTIVE PRACTICAL TOOLS and techniques. PREPARE-ENRICH Relationship and Personality assessment and Exercises really help build good habits. Knowledgeable & Personable Coaches that get the job done and make clients feel comfortable.
Mark L.4 years ago5 StarAmazing Experience in Building RelationshipsI really appreciated and enjoyed the low key, easy going approach and GREAT information in easy-to-understand format. Bob & Dianne helped us recognize our challenges and provided us with practical tools to conquer them. They made a HUGE differrence in our relationship and our marriage. Will always be grateful for their help and guidance!
Howard R.4 years ago5 StarSatisfied!Bob and Dianne are a dream team! A perfect blend of variety, all rolled together to make one perfect coach. My marriage was on its last leg, until they stepped in. Now we are thriving, we still little bumps in the road, but their coaching has taught us to tackle obstacles as a team rather than point the finger...thanks Bob and Dianne, your the best! If you have given up on your marriage, try the coaches that will not give on you! Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterYou guys are a GREAT couple and MOST IMPROVED.... Keep up the good work and keep using the skills and Dating and Daily Compliments..... Keeping FUN in your relationship will pay off BIG time!
Keith S.4 years ago5 StarThe Ruthazers did a great job helping us understand each other. The opened our hearts, minds & souls to Listening /Understanding so we could work together as a family together with God. Exceptional benefit to our StepFamily - Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWas really fun working with you both.... YOU have a wonderful future together!
Dawn P.4 years ago5 StarHighly recommendedWe would highly recommend Bob & Dianne. All of it was exceptionally valuable.Working through the workbook and topics step by step with personal examples and encouraging discussions were very helpful. I especially liked our open discussion times... - DawnResponse from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterYou guys are AWESOME and have a GREAT future together... Can't wait to hear how you are doing after you blend your families together. Stay on touch! - Bob & Dianne
A must therapy for every couple and a successful marriageThe Coaching technique was VERY EFFECTIVE in helping us with conflict resolution and to "understand' each other after struggling for a long time. This will help us have a long and happy marriage. Bob & Dianne were exceptional coaches.Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWe love to help couples achieve unity and great openness and intimacy in their relationships.... Keep using the skills and using the Win-Win model of Team Problem Solving from Prepare-Enrich... YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES! - Best, Bob & Dianne T.D. 4 years ago5 Star Communication issuesBob and Dianne assisted us with skills to use to communicate with each other. The yellow speaker listener technique card gives rules for the speaker and also for the listener. The listener has to pay attention to what the speaker says and paraphrases what he hears, and does not rebut. This is a skill that takes time for those of us who have listening problems. There is also ways to deal with conflicts. There were ten easy steps to understand the problem and how to solve it together with God's help. They gave us lots of good examples and suggestions to keep us on track. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWe are always happy to help.... You will do GREAT. Keep using the skills and remember your spouse is a person of "Good Will" Blessings, Bob & Dianne Bradford S.4 years ago5 StarEnjoyable and pleasant pre-marital counselingBob & Diane are a great team, balancing each other's strengths nicely. The exercises and homework they provided were informative and helpful. Bob & Diane did a great job of managing time to get through a lot of material...material which we will likely spend the rest of our marriage perfecting! A great start for us. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWOW - thanks for your very kind words. We loved working with you both and know that you have an awesome future together. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your marriage. May you be blessed ALL your years, Dianne & Bob
Caitlin J.5 years ago5 StarHighly RecommendedWe learned the ways in which we communicate differently and how our different Love Languages can help us long into our marriage. Ruthazers gave us great tools and reminders to give grace & love beyond ourselves and our separate personalities. I would highly recommend Bob & Dianne Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWe are grateful to have been a part of your Pre-Marriage preparation. Thank you for such a positive review of the ways we helped you. Blessings on your marriage, Dianne & Bob Dane J.5 years ago5 StarExceptional Marriage CoachesBob & Dianne gave us the tools and encouragement to journey together in marriages, knowing we are loved and supported every step of the way. We appreciated their honest stories and experiences. We both recommend them as exceptional marriage coaches. - Rev. Dane Jackson Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWhat a joy doing your pre-marital coaching... You will be GREAT! Thanks for this positive review... we love working with engaged and newlywed couples just starting out. We look forward to a long and happy marriage for you!
jeff b.5 years ago5 StarVery experienced. Provided a caring, supportive approach rooted in their deep spirituality. Giving personal examples, where relevant, helped very much. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterWe are grateful for your kind words about other service to you. We really enjoyed our times together and sharing our lives. We wish you a very blessed marriage.
Lisa H.5 years ago5 StarBob and Dianne provide very practical and useful guidance rooted in biblical principles. I feel more confident entering into marriage after our time together. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThanks for your wonderful comments... it is a blessing to help couples start marriage well. We look forward to the wedding....you will be great.
Kimie J.5 years ago5 StarOur sessions with Bob and Diane were incredibly valuable and taught us communication skills we will use throughout the entirety of our relationship. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThank you for the kind Review. We will look forward to re-connecting following the wedding. Blessings for a Life-long and Life-giving marriage. Please refer others who are engaged or in other stages of relationship who would benefit from our services & resources. Dianne & Bob
Sonja B.5 years ago5 StarThe best beginning!Everyone asked why the need for counciling BEFORE the marriage. For the same reason you change the oil BEFORE the engine fails. Preventative maintenance! They taught us how to use our tools before a break down. In a safe, honest, and judgement free environment. Better safe than single. :) Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThank you for your glowing endorsement. We hope to see you in the future and know you have a bright future. Feel free to recommend our services to your friends. Dianne & Bob Ruthazer
James D.5 years ago5 StarGreat CourseOur Pre-Marital experience was Exceptionally valuable. The Ruthazers helped our relationship by establishing an open line of communication that continues to strengthen our upcoming marriage. We can now be assured that we are very compatible and ready for marriage. The PREPARE-ENRICH Couple report was also very helpful. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThank you for your great review... Congratulations on your wedding.... We will look forward to follow-up after 3-6 months... YOU will Do GREAT!
Lauren S.5 years ago5 StarGreat experience :)The Couple Report really affirmed our connection strengths and also pointed out areas for improvement. We loved having time to talk during and outside the sessions about our relationship. Bob & Dianne helped to cultivate the love we had, using it as fertilizer to the seed of our relationship. They were much needed water and sunshine to our pre-marital relationship and future marriage. This was of exceptional value to us. Thank you! Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterSo glad you had a GREAT experience. Congratulations on your wedding.... We will look forward to follow-up after 3-6 months... YOU will Do GREAT! Daniel B.6 years ago5 StarWe loved everything about the experience!We loved how they gave us great tools that helped us build our relationship on a much stronger foundation. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterYou guys were really fun... Keep up the good work!
Jared W.6 years ago5 StarThe Ruthazers helped our relationship by presenting practical skills & personal examples for many of the topics discussed. This was very helpful, engaging, and provided thought provoking discussion.Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterYou guys were fun to work with and have a GREAT future. We always appreciate good referrals like the one that got you to us... Thanks and blessings, Bob
Greg S.6 years ago RecommendsEssential for every engaged coupleWhat my fiancee and I learned about each other and our relationship was invaluable for upcoming marriage. We've always gotten along so well and wondered what we had to learn - a lot apparently (in the best way possible). The personality assessment, speaker/listening techniques and how to focus on God through our marriage are all things we will routinely come back to once we're married! Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThanks for your great review... we loved working with you both. We always appreciate good referrals of your friends/peers.
Paul L.6 years ago5 StarInvaluableThe Ruthhaizers gave us practical tools to handle disagreements and develop a foundation for a healthy marriage. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThanks for your great review... we loved working with you both. We always appreciate good referrals of your friends/peers.
Amber S.6 years ago5 Starmarriage counselingmy meeting with Bob we were able to find better ways to resolve our marital issues. We were able to use techniques that we had not tried before such as the floor and just hearing each others feelings. Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThanks for your great review... we loved working with you both. We always appreciate good referrals of your friends/peers.
William S.6 years ago5 StarBob and Diana are excellent marriage coaches!!!!This is the BEST thing you can do for your marriage!!! Response from Marriage & Relationship Coaching CenterThanks for your great review... we loved working with you both. We always appreciate good referrals of your friends/peers.
Best of Richmond 2020 Marriage Coaching-Counseling
Request info or Appointment
- It's crazy to think about how I have lived so long without the basic, incredibly valuable tools that Bob was able to teach me in just a few weeks. Understanding the "fear dance" has been particularly eye opening for me. Bob, your teachings have changed my marriage and my business both in incredible ways. Your time has been one of my greatest blessings, my loved ones seem to agree! Thanks again for everything, I only wish there were more people like you!Response from the owner2 weeks agoYou guys are AWESOME. Glad to help...-Kendall Ickes 3 weeks ago (from Google review )
- Bob has all the right stuff when it comes to coaching. I recommend him to anyone who is interested in relationship coaching in the Virginia area. He gives you the tools and the ways to communicate. And they work.- Christopher Naylor. 0/2/2020
- My fiance and I did our pre-marriage counseling session with Mr. Ruthazer before we got married. I'm very happy that we did. The strategies we learned helped us set relationship goals, work through tough conversations, and prioritize our personal time. I would definitely recommend Mr. Ruthazer to family and friends.- Jenice Jordan. 9/7/2019
- Bob taught us usable, simple, and effective tools to strengthen our communication and conflict resolution skills. Our marriage greatly benefited from working with Bob and we recommend him to any couple looking to improve their relationship!- Rachel Horne. 7/15/2019
- Bit late on this review, but my wife and I went to Bob for "pre-marital counseling," though we were already married... We ran out of time before the wedding but started going within a month of our actual wedding. I say we were looking for counseling, but "coaching" really is what we were after and what was provided. Bob was great and helped guide us through typical potential marriage issues/hiccups, as well as helping engage us to discuss marriage-related things we hadn't previously even thought of. It was a great way for us to get on the same page regarding our attitudes and beliefs towards a variety of topics including parenting, family, financials, etc. Bob is a very smart, funny, and helpful person and he incorporated bits of his own personal marital stories and issues to help show how to apply different techniques--making the coaching more relatable. I would highly recommend his service to couples as a form of pre-marital (or post) coaching. Thanks for all of your help!- Harry Yates. 2/13/2019
- Bob is a great coach, and the tools he has given us will be invaluable in the future.- Mr. Lawrence. 11/18/2018
- Bob and Diane saved our marriage... the difference between coaching and therapist is a coach will give you the tools and techniques to help fix the problems together... they won't take side and in fact while you are in session Bob encouraged you to speak to your spouse--not him--when confronting challenges. Additionally, the tools we learned have also applied to our children. Specifically, we are teaching them to solve their own problems WITH each other in a way that is constructive. I will not tell you the process is easy--in fact, I think it gets worse before it gets better because you will not only tackle what's in front of you but past hurts and mistakes. In other words, you might draw up painful moments that makes the sessions and homework tough... on the positive side, once it is behind you and forgiven, it's behind you. Thank you Bob and Diane for not giving up on us. When they say they will be the last person to give up--they mean it!- Jason Seibel. 8/9/2018
- Bob was referred to us as one of the best relationship and premarital coaches in the area, and he is! Bob and his wife, Diane, are wonderful mentors for a loving and understanding marriage. They gave us the tools to strengthen our relationship now and for years to come.- Brad Camp. 4/27/2018
- MRCC is the BEST..... We loved how they gave us great tools that helped us build our relationship on a much stronger foundation.- Bob Ruthazer. 11/18/2017
- If you want your marriage to be the best it can be, call Bob Ruthazer. He widely considered the best marriage coach in the Richmond area. I work with couples and when they are a better fit somewhere else due to location, etc, Bob is always first on my list to call. He is also a fantastic facilitator when it comes to teaching couples counseling to other professionals.- Brian Mayer. 8/19/2017
- Exceptional value!! Bob and Dianne did a great job equipping us with helpful tools which helped us work through tough topics. Bob & Dianne's help was invaluable.- Rasheedah Lee. 3/3/2017
- The Coaching technique was VERY EFFECTIVE in helping us with conflict resolution and to "understand' each other after struggling for a long time. This will help us have a long and happy marriage. Bob & Dianne were exceptional coaches.- Amit Desai. 5/17/2016
- Bob & Diane are a great team, balancing each other's strengths nicely. The exercises and homework they provided were informative and helpful. Bob & Diane did a great job of managing time to get through a lot of material...material which we will likely spend the rest of our marriage perfecting! A great start for us.- Bradford Seagraves. 3/25/2016